Saturday 16 March 2013

How time flies

Boy how time flies when you are having fun, tonight I decided to upload all my photos from my camera as I want to put some quilting photos up on my blog. Well I had so many photos from 12 months ago, I had forgotten things we had done as a family and socially with friends. It was good to ponder on every photo and remember that event. Three things come to mind very quickly, one was my sons 21st birthday which we celebrated in Airlie beach 12 months ago on the 28th March, 12 months on and my baby is now a father himself to a beautiful daughter called Armani who is on Tuesday one month old.

The second event was Adelaide quilters festival this was so good looking through these photo's as I had sooo much fun, learning and meeting new people not to mention that I also received 2nd place in the pantograph section. A day trip to the Barossa valley was so much fun, thanks to Chris and Meredith for that lovely day finishing with dinner at DE Mario's, best pizza in Adelaide.

The 3rd highlight which all that attended was an absolute foodies weekend was our Stitchers Retreat, held at camp Fairbairn. Man that was a good weekend, we had so much fun and I cannot wait for another one this year,(and yes Wendy, you don't have to cook). Memory lane.

Friday saw me pack my bags off to Marilyn's for a day of stitching therapy, we were all making a pattern from Melly & Me a back pack which is going to Europe with me later in the year. We had so much fun with lots of good food and laughter to boot. Then the day came to an abrupt end all to quickly and we all packed up and returned to our normal life. I just love days like this where you don't have to worry about anything.

For the last 2 weeks I have been quilting frantically, trying to catch up my backlog so that I may quilt some of my own quilts over the Easter break.  So my list has gone from being behind to being caught up to being behind to being caught up again(almost). I am on track again and have found a method that seems to be working. Will upload pictures as soon as I can. 





No comments:

Post a Comment